2016.

Hello everyone.

Happy New Year's Eve! I honestly cannot get over how fast this year has gone. It seems like only yesterday I was writing my 2015 year in review!
But here we are - 366 days later, I am writing my 2016 year in review. Similar to my summer review, this is more something for me to look back on and see how much has changed in the year. So here we go...

This year started off quite ordinary to say the least. I tried to make myself a better person, and failed, as you do. I started back at college and kept working in the hotel, as I said, nothing interesting to report. I went out with friends, got drunk, did what any other college student would do. I knew it wasn't the healthiest thing to do, but I continued to go out every weekend for the year. 

The highlight of my 2016 was definitely my 21st birthday! It was honestly the best night ever and I could not have asked for a better crowd of people to have spent it with. 


The summer brought along some amazing nights out too, plenty of them spent with my TYT (Tuam Youth Theatre) family. What a crazy bunch of peeps!


Over the summer, I reconnected with one of my oldest friends and we had many a crazy night out! I am so happy to have this girl back in my life ❤️ 


Speaking of friendship, I made some amazing friends this year that I know will be around for a very long time. You guys know who you are, so I'll say nothing more. 





I managed to check off a few things from my bucket list this year. I redecorated my room, bought myself a new camera, jumped off Blackrock...I could have done a lot more, but I'm happy with myself for achieving this small goals. 

At the end of August, I left my part time job. I did this because I was going starting placement. The only thing that would have stopped me from leaving was the group of people I got to work with. They are serious legends and I love them all to bits!


In September, I faced one of my biggest fears when I sang solo in front of a crowd of people at my cousin's wedding. To be fair, I haven't done it since; but singing that day and actually getting through it was one of my highlights of this year. So thanks Nic ❤️


I still haven't been back to college because I've been on placement for 10 weeks. And all I can say now is, if I thought I wanted to be a teacher before, I definitely do now! I learned so much about myself as a teacher during the last 3 months, and I do not regret it for the world!


There are a lot of things I want to change in 2017. 
To start with, I'm going to try 'dry January.' I know it's not that big of a deal to some, but I definitely need some time away from alcohol. I want to see for myself if I can do it and to see how I feel after the month. 
I want to be more organised. I'll be heading back to college at the end of January, and I know that I need to organise my life if I want to graduate in 2018. I don't know how I'm going to do this, so if anyone has any ideas/tips/tricks, please leave them down below!
I want to be more healthy. I know this is such a cliche, but one thing I have discovered the last few months is how unhealthy I actually am. Just last week, I had to run around our estate (8 houses) with the Christmas cards and when I came home, I was out of breath and had a stitch. I knew it was time to change. Come January, that's exactly what I'm going to do.
There are a lot of people I want to cut out of my life. They make me a worse person than I actually am. This is a more personal one, so I won't go into much detail.

I hope you all have a great New Year's Eve and that 2017 is a good one!
This is OUR year - so let's do the best we can!


Until next time.
Fifs xo

Instagram: justfifs
Snapchat: justfifs
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig