Rehearsal Essentials!

Hello everyone!

Today I am going to talk about something that might not suit everyone (but it might suit a lot of people!) These are things that I bring or wear to musical rehearsals!

First off, I think I should explain my musical theatre journey. I am in my local youth theatre, and have been for the past five years. This will be my fourth show with them and I am currently one of the longest running members of the group (makes me feel so old!!). This year, we are doing the amazing musical West Side Story which includes a lot of dancing!!!


So for rehearsals, which are mainly dance rehearsals, I like to wear leggings and a loose fitting top. I find that the leggings work better than tracksuit bottoms for jumps and kicks. The loose fitting top is so that if I start to get too hot, my top isn't sticking to me. I also bring a hoodie with me (usually the show's hoodie, but we don't have them yet!) just in case we stop dancing and do a bit of singing, or if it's just cold.


For footwear, I just wear my converse. As I generally dance in my socks, the shoes I wear don't really matter. However, I will soon have to start going to rehearsals with the shoes I will be wearing in the show, which are small black heels with a strap (think costume dance shoes!).


I can't go anywhere without make-up, even if there is a chance of me sweating it off. For rehearsals, I wear a tinted moisturiser (I mix my Simple moisturiser with my Rimmel Wake-Me-Up) and concealer where I need it. I then powder this with talc (because I've run out of powder - whoops) and apply one coat of mascara. I then use my rose tinted Vaseline on my lips and I'm ready to go!

Things I bring in my bag are a spare hair-tye, body spray, whatever song lyrics I need, and water. Water is the main thing I need for rehearsals. If I forget anything else, I don't care! As long as I have a full bottle of water! I find that water is extremely important for this show as there's a lot of fast dancing and high note singing (even though I am an alto - that's a low female voice for those who aren't familiar with the terms).

I am thoroughly enjoying the show this year. West Side Story has been one of my favourite musicals for years and I am so happy that I get to be a part of a production of it! 

Until next time.
Fifs xo
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig